Monday, February 6, 2012

Artist of Interest




The artist that I chose is a man named Taylor Winn. He is an abstract painter based in Austin, Texas. His use of color is very intriguing because he almost always uses colors other than black and white in his paintings. He almost always works on a huge canvas, spanning 8 feet tall to 20 feet wide which is interesting to me because he paints on it in a successful way, whereas I would rater tone down the size myself. His process involves testing out chemical reactions between different kinds of paints, giving his works a certain visual and textural effect. Another reason his work interests me is because of how lively it looks. I love splattering affects and the seems to do it all the time.

Taylor Winn's Gallery

~ Paige Horace

No comments:

Post a Comment