Sunday, January 29, 2012

"To Draw is to be Human" response

While reading this I kept remembering how inspired I was by the movie Ratatouille. The reason being because in the reading they were saying how everyone can draw, no matter the skill level, while in Ratatouille the motto was "everyone can cook." Not all people can cook well per say, but everyone can. This applies to drawing as well. Drawing is a part of life. No matter how one puts it, in some way, everyone draws. One of the things that caught my attention was when Dexter said that drawing is how we see a lot of the past. I believe that this is true; a lot of discoveries made have been thanks to old drawings being analyzed.

I never really looked at drawing as more than a way of expression. Now I learned it could go much deeper than that. Never would I have thought that drawing one line on a blank paper would suddenly cause the background to have an identity. When I thought about it more, I came to agree with that statement. When I make a mark, the surface that I made it on suddenly becomes a background. I always thought that a background was something that had to be drawn in with whatever you drew to be the main attraction, or the background had to be some sort of environment. Now I realize that negative space also has a role to play as a background.

by~ Paige Horace

No comments:

Post a Comment