Monday, January 30, 2012

To draw is to be human response.

Creating art comes in many forms, whether it is painting, sculpture, or drawing which is the focus of this article. Drawing drives the human curiosity to create what we might not have thought to become possible in the real world. Drawing is also a skill that does not fall on the few, but everyone possesses a potential to draw. By using drawing as an artistic medium you can also tell a story, and change the way people can see the world. The characteristics of drawing, primal and elemental can be found throughout human history. By using the storytelling side of drawing, you can inspire those around you to draw what they might see as important. My mom is a retired kindergarten teacher, she drew to help her students to learn the alphabet and be expressive through drawings. Even though she is not a professional artist or never went to art school, she used her own creativity and imagination to help her students learn.

I have always drawn the cartoony side of what I see around me. I feel like there is always a simple and different side to objects or people. So I try to capture that moment in my drawings or comics. Also, I need to make more comics, cause I feel that is a medium of art, like drawing it can’t be defined by one meaning.

-Natalee

No comments:

Post a Comment