Sunday, January 22, 2012

Process and Materials-Gabriel Orozco Corplegados and Particles

Your first project will focus on the process of drawing and the physical and material properties of various drawing materials. Think of this segment of our course as a time of in depth investigation, experimentation and play with materials while paying attention to (and perhaps even noting in your sketchbooks) your process. Use the examples below for reference and inspiration along with the artists reviewed in class. You will be required to complete a 5x5" daily process drawing along with two life-sized (approximately) process drawings by our critique on February 13th. 

I Gabriel Orozco
Corplegados and Particles





II Terry Winters









III Eve Asheim

Plural Blur, 2006, 12″ x 9,” Gesso, Black gesso, ink, and graphite, on mylar

Stretch 1998, gouache, crayon and pencil on synthetic polymer 30.5x22.9cm
Deluxe 3X, 2010, Gesso, graphite and ink on mylar 17x12"

IV Lee Ufan





V Robert Morris

fingerprints and ink on paper




fingerprints and ink on paper









7 comments:

  1. great meeting everyone in class!

    posted up some of my drawings from last year on my blog if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone cares, my work can be found at www.GentschWorks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my poorly kept and therefore limited collection of work on my site:
    http://kathrynrhae.weebly.com/
    I might buy my domain back later, but for now here it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, soo i have no idea how to "contribute" to this blog, so i accidentally made my own while trying to post on here, i am obviously clueless.. anyhow heres the link to my blog i guess if you are interested in some of my photos.

    http://laurenchristlieb.blogspot.com/2012/01/here-are-some-photos-that-i-took-last.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. UUMMMM, Is there somewhere where we can see the syllabus?! I looked on elearning, and didn't find anything. I need the supply list. Thanks!

    - Taylor

    ReplyDelete